Elmore Plaque Project
Wander down Cardwell Street and learn about some of the historic buildings by reading the Elmore Plaque Project plaques. Cardwell Street was named after Rt. Hon. Edward Cardwell, Secretary of State for the Colonies, 1864.
Cardwell Street was gazetted as the main street, but traffic flow altered when the new bridge was built and Margaret Street was constructed in the early 1960’s.
Cardwell Street, Elmore VIC 3558